Sales Engineer – All Locations
Hiring for the Saint Louis, Kansas City, Denver, and Salt Lake City Markets!
- Business Development – Opportunity Management
Maintain CRM contacts & records in support of marketing efforts. Manage all leads & opportunities from origination through all sales development stages including needs evaluation, qualification / ID pain, verbal / budgetary / binding quotes, quote revisions and negotiation of pricing / terms & conditions through closure &/or Sales Order acceptance. Manage, document & update all opportunities within CRM systems as required. Facilitate the support of internal &/or external technical resources in support of qualified opportunities.
- Account Management – Business Terms & Customer Service Advocate
Manage all pricing while maximizing profit margins, change orders, terms & conditions, contracts, etc. within accepted parameters. Any issue outside of accepted parameters must be approved by manager. Handle complaints &/or escalated issues such as order delays, price increases or other service issues.
- Project Oversight
Upon the acceptance of customers PO, Sales will facilitate the handoff of a projects to the appropriate PM. Sales will proactively monitor & track progress of project internally & in coordination with Project Manager. Sales is responsible for external communications with the customer regarding all business issues such as project status reports, scope of work changes, change orders, pricing changes, project delays or other critical service issues.
- Qualification of opportunities prior to in depth technical consultations required to generate binding quotes.
- All Parts, Field Service or ETO technical evaluations and information required to generate quotes is managed by designated business development support specialist.
- All post sale project management responsibilities are managed by designated project managers.
- Frequent interaction, collaboration and coordination with business development specialist, quote / estimation support, sales order fulfillment & other internal staff as well as customers, suppliers and others.
- Frequent customer site visits, joint calls with technical support or vendors.
- Technical Skills – level 2 (3 = engineer). Keen understanding of product lines, functionality, and service offerings as well as offerings of competitors.
- Develop technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, on-line learning, participating in professional societies, factory training and BDC in-house training.
- Expense management.
- Professional conduct with internal staff, customers, suppliers, or third-party providers is expected.
- Customer type focus – OEM vs End User.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Tech degree with a minimum of 5 years relatable technical and sales experience preferred.
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering desired but not required.
- Proficient Computer Skills – MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook.
- Demonstrate strong technical aptitude and document ability to execute sales plans, close sales, and deliver results.
- Ability to build business relationships quickly and effectively.
- Strong ambition and drive and willing to take initiative.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to present a professional image; maintain the highest ethical standards of conduct.
- Able to analyze and problem solve.
- Able to make customer presentations and demonstrate how a product meets customer’s needs.
- Ability to showcase an established selling method (e.g. Sandler Method).
- Team player.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Light office work; traveling to customer’s industrial and commercial facilities; meet the facility safety requirements.
- Willing to inspect equipment and get dirty when needed.
- 30% – 50% overnight
- Local travel generally by vehicle.